Overview: In accordance with Part VII.D. of RIDEM’s Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP), permittees are required to submit an electronic Annual Report using NeT by January 30th. The Annual Report must include findings from Part IV.A. routine facility inspections and any corrective action documentation as required in Parts III.A. and III.B. By signing and submitting the Annual Report, the operator is certifying that the information submitted is true, accurate, and complete, that the operator meets the eligibility requirements. An Annual Report has not been completed or submitted to RIDEM until it is certified by the Signatory user.
TO CREATE AND SUBMIT A NEW MSGP ANNUAL REPORT
- Go to https://npdes-ereporting.epa.gov/msgp
- Type in your CDX User ID and Password
OR Create a CDX Account (to create an account, follow the RIDEM guidance titled “Create a CDX Account for NETMSGP Access” and then skip to step 3.b. below)
- Open the NETMSGP program service.
If you do NOT have access to NETMSGP, you will need to add the program service by:
- selecting the green “Add Program Service” button,
- scroll down and select “NeT: NPDES e-Reporting Tool”
- select “NETMSGP: NeT – Multi-Sector General Permit for Stormwater Discharges Associated with Industrial Activity”
- select your role from the drop-down menu (Signatory or Preparer – see definitions below):
Signatory Individual who is authorized under 40 CFR 122.22 to sign/certify application submissions and/or program reports to RIDEM or needs to manage facility user permissions.
Preparer: Individual who will be viewing and editing data, but who is not authorized to sign/certify applications and/or program reports under 40 CFR 122.22.
- select the green “Request Role Access” button
- Users may be prompted to electronically sign an Electronic Signature Agreement (ESA). Please do so by agreeing to the terms and sign the document electronically (it will ask for your password and one of your security questions).
If you already have access to NETMSGP, it will show in your list of available “services” located on your MyCDX home page and your Role (either Preparer or Signatory) will be hyperlinked in blue. Click on your associated Role located next to the NETMSGP program service name to open the NETMSGP program service.
- You will be directed to the NETMSGP Homepage with a list of facilities you already have electronic access to.
If you do not see your permitted facility on your homepage, you will need to request access:
- Click the Add Facility button located on MSGP homepage
- Type the Facility name or Permit ID in the search bar and
- Click Request Permissions button next to the appropriate facility/permit ID.
- Click the Request button for ALL permissions that apply to your role (ex. - manage, sign, view, edit). The user with an existing manage permission can approve your request(s). If there is no such user, RIDEM can approve your request(s).
If you already have access to your permitted facility on your homepage, select the Actions button to the left of the facility name on your NETMSGP Homepage
- Upon selecting the Actions button, a drop-down menu will appear. Select “Manage Annual Reports”
- Under the “Facility Annual Reports” section that appears, select the appropriate Reporting Year from the drop-down menu (i.e. -2019)
- Click the “Create Annual Report” button and then click “Continue” on the pop-up screen to start a draft report.
- A second pop-up message will appear stating you have successfully created a draft Annual Report. Click on Go to Form to enter the information necessary to complete the Annual Report.
- Please read all of the instructions carefully and complete all of the information (all boxes with an asterisk * are required fields). If a red box appears next to a section that means that section is incomplete. Note: Some sections will be prefilled without the ability to edit.
- Once the form is filled out, the submission will still need to be certified in order to be submitted to RIDEM:
If you are a Signatory, the following options will be displayed:
- Certify Form – to sign and submit form to RIDEM
- Flag for certification – to lock information and flag for certification. (your form will not be submitted to RIDEM until form is certified by facility’s signatory)
- No action at this time – no action
If you are a Preparer, you will have the option to:
- Flag for certification – to lock information and flag for certification (your form will not be submitted to RIDEM until form is certified by facility’s signatory)
- No action at this time – no action
- If you are a Signatory and are authorized to sign and submit Annual Reports (see 40 CFR 122.22 on who is authorized to sign reports), select Certify Form to complete the report submission
- A pop-up message will appear
- Click Accept to continue
- After clicking Accept, you will have to electronically sign the Annual Report by entering your
- CDX password then click Login
- A security question, then click Answer
- Click Sign
- After signing, a message will appear stating your form has been certified and you will be receiving an email notification once successful.
- Click OK
- You will be redirected to your homepage
- The status of the annual report you submitted will appear as “Active”, and you can select the hyperlinked year under the report year column to view and print your Annual Report submission.
- If you are a Preparer, click Flag for certification
- A pop-up message will appear stating your form has been flagged for certification. A notification email has been sent to the signatory associated with the facility. Note: If there are no signatories associated with the facility, the preparer must notify the appropriate individual that they need to create a CDX account, gain access to the NETMSGP program service and request permissions to the NPDES ID associated with the draft Annual Report in order to certify and complete the submission process.
- Click OK to continue
For additional guidance documents, please refer to www.dem.ri.gov/ripdesErule and http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/water/permits/ripdes/stormwater/industrial.php for a list of FAQs and other permit related resources.
Additional information about CDX and MSGP can also be found by clicking on the following link to the MSGP EPA NeT Support Portal - https://epanet.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.
If you have technical questions about NETMSGP please feel free to send an email to NPDESeReporting@epa.gov or call 877-227-8965 between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (EST).
If you have questions related to Rhode Island’s MSGP, please contact Margarita Chatterton at email@example.com