Overview: The Notice of Termination (NOT) constitutes notice that a facility currently covered by the RIPDES Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP) no longer requires authorization under the RIPDES MSGP for the discharge of storm water associated with industrial activity, because the stormwater discharges associated with industrial activity no longer exist or such discharges are authorized under a RIPDES individual or alternative general permit. A Notice of Termination must be submitted to discontinue MSGP coverage.
TO CREATE AN NOT
- Go to https://npdes-ereporting.epa.gov/msgp
- Create a CDX Account (to create an account, follow the RIDEM guidance titled “Create a CDX Account for NETMSGP Access” and then skip to step 3.b below)
OR type in your CDX User ID and Password and
- Open the program service.
- If you do NOT have access to NETMSGP, you will need to add the program service by:
- selecting the green “Add Program Service” button,
- scroll down and select “NeT: NPDES e-Reporting Tool”select “NETMSGP: NeT – Multi-Sector General Permit for Stormwater Discharges Associated with Industrial Activity”
- select your role from the drop-down menu (Signatory or Preparer – see definitions below):
Signatory Individual who is authorized under 40 CFR 122.22 to sign/certify application submissions and/or program reports to RIDEM or needs to manage facility user permissions.
Preparer: Individual who will be viewing and editing data, but who is not authorized to sign/certify applications and/or program reports under 40 CFR 122.22.
- select the green “Request Role Access” button
- Users may be prompted to electronically sign an Electronic Signature Agreement (ESA). Please do so by agreeing to the terms and sign the document electronically (it will ask for your password and one of your security questions).
If you already have access to NETMSGP, it will show in your list of available “services” located on your MyCDX home page and your Role (either Preparer or Signatory) will be hyperlinked. Click on your associated Role located next to the NETMSGP program service name to enter the NETMSGP application.
4. You will be directed to the NETMSGP Homepage with a list of facilities you have electronic access to. To create an NOT:
Select “Create NOT (Terminate)” from the “Actions” button listed next to your facility on the NETMSGP Homepage (then skip to step 5 below).
If you are a first-time user, it is possible that you will not have access to your facility on your homepage. To gain access to terminate a permit for a facility with previous permit coverage:
- Click the Add Facility button located on MSGP homepage
- Type the Facility name or Permit ID in the search bar and click Request Permissions button next to the appropriate facility/permit ID.
- Click the Request button for ALL permissions that apply to your role (ex. - manage, sign, view, edit). The user with an existing manager role can approve your request. If there is no such user, RIDEM can approve your request.
- Once approved, you will be able to select “Create NOT (Terminate)” from the “Actions” button listed next to your facility on the NETMSGP Homepage
- Upon selecting “Create NOT (Terminate)” from the actions button or upon permission request approval, you will be prompted to provide a reason for termination. Select the reason and click OK
- A pop-up message will appear stating you have successfully created a draft Notice of Termination (NOT). Click OK.
- Once redirected to the NETMSGP Homepage:
- If you are a Signatory and are authorized to sign and submit NOTs (see 40 CFR 122.22 on who is authorized to sign applications), select “Certify Form” from the “Actions” button listed next to your facility on the NETMSGP Homepage
- A pop-up message will appear
- Click Accept to continue=
- After clicking Accept, you will have to electronically sign the NOT by entering your
- CDX password, then click Login
- A security question, then click Answer
- Click Sign
- After signing, a message will appear stating your form has been certified and you will be receiving an automated email from RIDEM with an attached zip file of your NOT as a Copy of Record (COR)
- Click OK
You will be redirected to your homepage. Coverage Status for an NOT will show as On Hold until it is approved by RIDEM.
- If you are a Preparer,
- A pop-up message will appear stating your form has been automatically flagged for certification and a notification email has been sent to the signatory associated with the facility. Note: If there are no valid signatories associated with the facility, the preparer must notify the appropriate individual that they need to create a CDX account and gain access to the NETMSGP application and the NPDES ID associated with the draft form in order to complete the submission
- Click OK to continue
For additional guidance documents, please refer to www.dem.ri.gov/ripdesErule and a list of FAQs at http://www.dem.ri.gov/programs/water/permits/ripdes/stormwater/industrial.php
Additional information about CDX and MSGP can be found by clicking on the following link to the MSGP EPA NeT Support Portal - https://epanet.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.
Questions about CDX login should be directed to the CDX Help Desk (email@example.com or 888-890-1995).
If you have technical questions about NETMSGP please feel free to send an email to NPDESeReporting@epa.gov or call 866-352-7755 between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (EST).
If you have questions related to Rhode Island’s MSGP, please contact Margarita Chatterton at firstname.lastname@example.org