To obtain coverage under the MSGP, users must first develop a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) before submitting a Notice of Intent (NOI) for permit coverage. For more information on how to complete a SWPPP, please visit: https://www.epa.gov/npdes/stormwater-discharges-industrial-activities#guidance
After completing a SWPPP, users must complete and submit a new NOI by following the steps below:
Create an account in EPA’s Central Data Exchange by going to https://npdes-ereporting.epa.gov/msgp.
*If you already have a CDX account that you use for other electronic reporting needs, login and add the NETMSGP program service.
- Select “create a new account”
- Select your role
- Complete the form
- Create a User ID and Password.
* If you are a Signatory you will have to complete the identity proofing process.
To access the NeT MSGP application, click on your role located next to the NETMSGP program service name.
- Once in the MSGP application, create a new NOI by clicking on Add Facility.
- Search for the facility, if not found click Create Facility and complete eligibility form to determine if facility is eligible for coverage under the MSGP.
- If eligible for coverage, users must complete additional sections.
- When completed, signatories must sign and submit NOI.
- NOI will be under review for 30 days before facility is covered under the MSGP.