What is the MSGP eReporting system transition?
The NPDES eReporting Tool (NeT) for U.S. EPA’s 2015 Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP) has transitioned to a new platform as part of a long-term modernization for NPDES eReporting. The transition of MSGP to the new platform began on March 28, 2018 with disabling of submissions in the legacy Net-MSGP program service. As of April 1, 2018 users are able to submit new Notice of Intents (NOIs) in the new NeT-MSGP program service. EPA will continue to make updates to the NeT-MSGP program service to support change NOIs, Notice of Terminations (NOTs), No Exposure Certifications (NOE), and MSGP annual program report. DMR submissions are unaffected at this time.
Does this mean I have to resubmit all of my permit applications or program reports in the new system?
All prior submissions to the legacy NeT-MSGP will remain valid for the U.S. EPA’s 2015 MSGP and will not require resubmission in the new NeT-MSGP. Only new submissions for new or modified permit coverage will need to be made in the new NeT-MSGP program service (as available). EPA is in the process of migrating the data from the legacy NeT-MSGP program service to the new NeT-MSGP program service. If your current coverage is not changing then you did not need to access the new program service at this time.
How do I access the new NeT-MSGP program service?
You can access NeT-MSGP through EPA’s Central Data Exchange at: https://npdes-ereporting.epa.gov/msgp.
New Users: If you do not have a CDX account,
Existing CDX Users: If you already have a CDX account,
- Existing MSGP Users: If you had the legacy NeT-MSGP program service on your account in CDX, no action is required. The new NeT-MSGP program service will automatically be added to your account and will be called: NETEPAMSGP: NeT - EPA Multi-Sector General Permit for Stormwater Discharges Associated with Industrial Activity.
- The OLD System is called “LEGACYNETEPAMSGP: NeT - EPA NPDES Stormwater Industrial Multi-Sector General Permit (Legacy)”
- The NEW system is called “NETEPAMSGP: NeT - EPA Multi-Sector General Permit for Stormwater Discharges Associated with Industrial Activity"
What role should I select when adding the NeT-MSGP program service?
When adding the program service for the first time, you will be required to specify your user role. The role options include:
- Signatory: An individual who will be signing permit applications per 40 CFR 122.22(a), signing reports per 40 CFR 122.22(b), or managing user access and permissions.
- Preparer: An individual who will be viewing or entering data
If you previously had the legacy NeT-MSGP program service, your role in the new program service will be automatically applied based on the role you had in the legacy program service. You will be able to modify your role as needed.
How do I submit forms that are not yet available in the new NeT-MSGP program service?
The only form not yet available in the new NeT-MSGP program services is the Annual Report. Existing permittees should use the paper version of this form:
- Annual Report (Appendix I of the 2015 MSGP)
Users under the 2015 MSGP will be temporarily granted a waiver from electronic reporting due to the unavailability of the above forms in the electronic system. When filling out paper forms, please add Emily Halter as the EPA staff person that granted the waiver, as follows, until further notice:
Mail your signed paper form to one of the following addresses:
- For Regular U.S. Mail Delivery:
Stormwater Notice Processing Center
Mail Code 4203M, ATTN: 2015 MSGP Signature Agreement
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460
- For Overnight/Express U.S. Mail Delivery:
Stormwater Notice Processing Center
William Jefferson Clinton East Building – Room 7420
ATTN: 2015 MSGP Signature Agreement
U.S. EPA 1201 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004
Are DMRs affected by this transition?
The process for electronically submitting DMRs is not changing at this time. Please continue to use NeTDMR the NPDES eReporting tool for DMRs. If your EPA regional office has granted you an electronic reporting waiver, you can mail the paper forms provided in the 2015 MSGP.
What if I forgot my password or User ID?
- If you are having trouble logging in because you forgot your password, go to: https://cdx.epa.gov/PasswordReset/GetResetCode
- If you are having trouble logging in because you forgot your User ID, go to: https://cdx.epa.gov/AccountRecovery/ForgotUserID
Where can I get assistance?
For technical assistance using NeT-MSGP, please contact the NPDES eReporting Help Desk by sending an email to NPDESeReporting@epa.gov or calling toll free (877) 227-8965.
Where do I get more information?
- For online training material, live webinar training schedule and other support documents, go to: https://epanet.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and select MSGP Permit.
- For more information about the MSGP, go to: https://www.epa.gov/npdes/stormwater-discharges-industrial-activities#ereporting
- For user support and to stay updated with news, announcements, training information, go to: https://epanet.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/202566467
- For general information about the NPDES Electronic Reporting Rule (40 CFR Part 127), go to: https://www.epa.gov/compliance/npdes-ereporting