What is NeT? NeT (NPDES e-Reporting Tool) is an internet-based system for submitting Notices of Intent (NOIs) for coverage and other forms for NPDES general permits, as well as some NPDES program reports.
Permits currently available in NeT:
• The federal Multi-Sector General Permit (MSGP)
• The Western Gulf of Mexico Oil and Gas Permit (GMG)
Program Reports currently available in NeT:
• MSGP Annual Report (due from permittees Jan 30, 2017)
• Biosolids Annual Report (due from sewage sludge handlers Feb 21, 2017)
Upcoming permits through NeT:
• The federal Construction General Permit (CGP) - starting Feb 17, 2017
• The Eastern Gulf of Mexico Oil and Gas Permit (GEG) - TBA
- What browsers can I use with NeT? NeT (except for MSGP forms) should work with any newer browser from a computer.
- Which role should I choose when registering for NeT?
- Certifier: Can prepare, sign and submit all forms in NeT and can grant or revoke NPDES ID access (necessary for editing any Change Notices of Intent, Notices of Termination, or Annual Reports). In accordance with EPA’s regulations (at 40 CFR 122.22(a)), a user with the Certifier role must be a "responsible corporate officer" (for a corporation), "a general partner or proprietor" (for a partnership or sole proprietorship) or "a principal executive officer or ranking elected official" (for a municipality, state, federal or other public agency). This role cannot be delegated.
- Preparer: Can prepare all forms in NeT on behalf of the Certifier at the facility, but is not authorized by EPA's regulations to sign and submit any forms. (NOIs prepared by a Preparer must be routed to a Certifier; annual reports prepared by a Preparer must be routed to a Certifier).
- Permit Administrator: Can do everything the Preparer can plus grant or revoke NPDES ID access (necessary for preparing any Change Notices of Intent, Notices of Termination, or Annual Reports).
- Where can I get help for …
- Trouble logging in or setting up an account: CDX Helpdesk, (888) 890-1995, firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMG Notices of Intent (NOIs), Change NOIs, Notices of Termination (NOTs), or NPDES ID Access: Sharon Angove (214) 665-6472, Sharon’s backup Helen Nguyen (214) 665-6458, or Mitty Mohon (214) 665-6497; R6GMG29eNOI@epa.gov.
- Any other NeT question: NPDESeReporting@epa.gov
Why is the NPDES ID field on my form blank (or missing the NPDES ID I need)? In order to initiate a Change NOI, NOT, Annual Report, or Program Report, you need to have access to the appropriate NPDES ID. You can gain access by filling out a “NPDES ID Access Request” form and routing it to a Certifier or Permit Administrator who already has access. If no one has access to that NPDES ID and you are a Certifier or Permit Administrator, you can use the “NPDES ID Access Request” form and select “Initial Request for NPDES ID Access”.