- What is NeT? NeT (NPDES e-Reporting Tool) is an internet-based system for submitting Notices of Intent (NOIs) for coverage and other forms for NPDES general permits, as well as some NPDES program reports.
- What browsers can I use with NeT? The MSGP forms in NeT are optimized for Internet Explorer. It cannot currently be used by Google Chrome. If you are using Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari, please follow the instructions here to set up your Adobe PDF plug-in: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-browser-plugin-configuration.html.
- Where can I get help for …
- Which role should I choose when registering for NeT?
- Signatory: Can prepare, sign and submit all forms in NeT and (necessary for editing any Change Notices of Intent, Notices of Termination, or Annual Reports). In accordance with EPA’s regulations (at 40 CFR 122.22(a)), a user with the Signatory role must be a "responsible corporate officer" (for a corporation), "a general partner or proprietor" (for a partnership or sole proprietorship) or "a principal executive officer or ranking elected official" (for a municipality, state, federal or other public agency). This role cannot be delegated.
- Preparer: Can prepare all forms in NeT on behalf of the signatory, but is not authorized by EPA's regulations to sign and submit any forms.
Why is the NPDES ID field on my form blank (or missing the NPDES ID I need)?In order to initiate a Change NOI, NOT, Annual Report, or Program Report, you need to have access to the appropriate NPDES ID. You can gain access by filling out a “NPDES ID Access Request” form and routing it to a Certifier or Permit Administrator who already has access. If no one has access to that NPDES ID and you are a Certifier or Permit Administrator, you can use the “NPDES ID Access Request” form and select “Initial Request for NPDES ID Access”.
- In the past year my MSGP permit coverage was terminated. Do I need to submit an annual report? No.