- What is NeT? NeT (NPDES e-Reporting Tool) is an internet-based system for submitting Notices of Intent (NOIs) for coverage and other forms for NPDES general permits, as well as some NPDES program reports.
- What browsers can I use with NeT? The MSGP forms in NeT are optimized for Internet Explorer. It cannot currently be used by Google Chrome. If you are using Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari, please follow the instructions here to set up your Adobe PDF plug-in: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-browser-plugin-configuration.html.
- Where can I get help for …
- Which role should I choose when registering for NeT?
- Certifier: Can prepare, sign and submit all forms in NeT and (necessary for editing any Change Notices of Intent, Notices of Termination, or Annual Reports). In accordance with EPA’s regulations (at 40 CFR 122.22(a)), a user with the Certifier role must be a "responsible corporate officer" (for a corporation), "a general partner or proprietor" (for a partnership or sole proprietorship) or "a principal executive officer or ranking elected official" (for a municipality, state, federal or other public agency). This role cannot be delegated.
- Duly Authorized Representative of Certifier: Can prepare all forms in NeT on behalf of the Certifier at the facility, and can sign and submit annual report forms, but is not authorized by EPA's regulations to sign and submit NOIs or NOTs. (NOIs and NOTs must be signed and certified by a Certifier.) Note that a Duly Authorized Representative of Certifier account must be "sponsored" by a CDX account registered with the Certifier role.
- Preparer: Can prepare all forms in NeT on behalf of the Certifier or Duly Authorized Representative of Certifier at the facility, but is not authorized by EPA's regulations to sign and submit any forms. (NOIs prepared by a Preparer must be routed to a Certifier; annual reports prepared by a Preparer must be routed to a Certifier or a Duly Authorized Representative of Certifier.)
- Permit Administrator: Can do everything the Preparer can plus grant or revoke NPDES ID access.
Why is the NPDES ID field on my form blank (or missing the NPDES ID I need)? In order to initiate a Change NOI, NOT, Annual Report, or Program Report, you need to have access to the appropriate NPDES ID. You can gain access by filling out a “NPDES ID Access Request” form and routing it to a Certifier or Permit Administrator who already has access. If no one has access to that NPDES ID and you are a Certifier or Permit Administrator, you can use the “NPDES ID Access Request” form and select “Initial Request for NPDES ID Access”.